#Urban Fiction Books

amazon.com/author/nlhudson

Greetings everyone!

My name is N.L. Hudson and I am a new author on the scene. The reason I'm here is to begin a platform for individuals who love to read. My goal is to connect with those such readers and get your opinions on what it is that you like and do not like in a great urban fiction book. Many, have different preferences on what they love to see in a novel. Take, for instance, I was reading a few Facebook post, and I saw several people mention that they are tired of seeing weak women in the urban fiction stories; e.g. those who, "allow men to cheat on them, beat them, or treat them like dirt." Now, I'm a reader as well, and I don't necessarily want to see a woman that is so weak, it makes you sick just reading the content. However, I do believe that authors try to closely relate some book situations to reality as humanly possible. Although fiction, you have to be able to connect with the reader as best as you can. Otherwise, you will hear a lot of "that's not believable or what world do they live in!"

Another issue that I've seen is that some readers do not like to read about drug lords (king pins), guys with multiple kids, women with these perfect figures, or those who depend on a man. And by the way, those are just a few that I've heard. The list can go on forever. With that being said, what are your thoughts on the ones that I've listed? Is it possible, to spin a good tale that doesn't mention any of those things? And we're talking Urban Fiction novels, which means the setting will be based in places where situations like this will occur.

Lastly, please share what it is that you would like to read. What draws you into a book that is so good, you find yourself unable to focus on anything else? Describe the type of characters that make you dream of them, think about them long after the book has ended, or those who have gotten on your nerves so bad, that you want to become a part of the story just to tell them how you feel?

Alright, everyone, I'm going to end here for today. Thank you for reading and please share your feedback if you'd like. I am interested to hear how everyone feels about this subject.

Sincerely,
N.L. Hudson


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when books characters sound real and I hate it when they are not realistic. Example: every character is attractive or successful. Where are the successful guys that date basic women who has flaws, maybe a smart heavy set girl or a real petite girl who's personality rocks his world. Society has painted a perfect image and that image is unrealistic. Where are the successful guys that are not cute but attracks women because he has more going than the average guy? I want to see a group of friends that are in different financial situations. I know it's fiction but when a author can make you relate to it and make it seem real that's what gets me into books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I agree wholeheartedly. Every guy is not fine and every woman is not thick. Also, everyone is not successful. At some point however, there will need to be growth development with an unsuccessful character. Would you read about someone who worked a basic 9-5? Could you fall in love with an ugly duckling character as long as they treated the person right? You made some great points.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sneak peak for upcoming book release -Love In The Ring: Final Round

Authoress N.L. Hudson- Author interview